Saturday, November 20, 2010

Orly: Halley's Comet

First I want to say that this nail polish was ridiculous to photograph. To me, this is much more teal in person than my camera will pick up on.

Alrighty, this polish is from the Orly Cosmic FX Collection. I know I'm a little late on this, but for the purposes of this review it's not about being on time, it about the fabulousness of this color.

This color is a turquoise with greenish yellow reflects.

These photos are of one coat of Nail Magic's Botanical Nail Strengthener, two coats of Halley's Comet, and two coats of Nail Magic's Fast Dry Top Coat.






Application was better on this polish than Space Cadet, from the same collection. Much more pigmented, and much smoother.
































Lovely yellow reflects.
The brush is small (Same as Space Cadet), and quite honestly it annoys me, but I'll get over it because these polishes are so lovely.


































The following images are under different camera settings and some are enhanced to show a more true to life color.

I enhanced this picture slightly to make the polish lean more turquoise as it does in person.







































These two pictures were taken under different camera settings than usual to show the glitter effects and the reflects.









I love this color, it's gorgeous. These are no longer available at Sally Beauty, but I'm sure there are some larger retail stores or salons that may have them. http://www.transdesign.com/ still has these in stock, but they come with a hefty price tag at 10 dollars a piece. Definitely an indulgence, but it's definitely worth it!



Become a fan on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Impassionate-Vanity/170386526307283?ref=sgm#!/pages/Impassionate-Vanity/170386526307283

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments! Please be polite, any rude or vulgar comments will be removed. Thank you!